Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Authenticity, Relationships and Context" My Three Youth Ministry Drivers

I need to take up a conversation with a few Youth Worker colleagues but I will also be developing some 'thinking out loud' here about what I believe drives me and drives me in ministry with young people.
I think it's a sensible, scriptural and appreciated approach to focus on 'authenticity, relationships [incarnational ones] and context. I'm sure some of my preferred focus is borne out of being an 'idealist' by nature whose natural leadership style includes trying to make space for the gifts and passions of others, listening, encouragement and serving where I am able.
While some people's judgement, resistence and short sighted critique causes me to occasionally 'second guess' I think nearly 30 years of experience means I know something about what I'm doing and the fact some people offer me genuine respect, encouragement and appreciation gives me the energy to pursue what I intuitively believe to be my best efforts!!
Anyhow... more thoughts as they develop!!

No comments: