Saturday, October 24, 2009

Amazon KINDLE


I'm probably slow off the mark but this gadget was previewed on tv last week and I could see that cost aside this is yet another potential electronic marvel!!

I'm the sort of reader who finds one book so compelling I can't put it down but then the next 5 or 6 get added to a pile of 'one I'll get back to that' books. Consequently bookshelves at my place are filled with half read but in some cases important learning or stories...

The Amazon KINDLE is basically an electronic book set up to for mass storage including your own pdf files and other information... brilliant and apparently taking the US by storm!! You download books from Amazon.

Then comes the larger DX with deals amongst newspapers [US so far I guess] attempting to replace the daily visit to the newsagent and the black inked hands of the avid reader!!

No doubt Amazon's 300,000 titles will increase and with ability to load 3,500 books it's a lot of reading. So far the screens are seen as small, buttons a little clunky, actual device a little heavy etc etc but no doubt it's the beginning of this or an alternative device being the one book you need in your bag!!

No comments: