Friday, April 18, 2008

Dub_fx made a great impression in Pitt St Mall

Beat boxing and hip hop derivative rythms are not usually my favourite form of music but on the last 2 Thursdays I've found myself in Pitt St Mall [looking for Juan Mann to ask him for a pair of his shoes... another story] and Dub_fx has been there beat boxing, mixing his own samples and entertaining the crowd!! There's something quite powerful in his voice and the haunting tunes. Thye are often reworked familiar songs and the intricate backings and his own beatbox style are quite unique and the sound system does well. I video'd 5 mins with my phone and will access that when I can get my computer to play the MP4!!
It's an impressive sound and you can check him out here on MySpace. I bought one of his $10 CDs and will use the music at a youth event some time soon!! Check him out on youtube and this clip in Manchester...

No comments: