Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Camp WA

Hey, things have been a bit quiet here as I've been flat out preparing for Easter Camp at Logue Brook 90-100 mins south of Perth in Western Australia!! I am sitting here in Perth tonight with Camp done and dusted and it's been a great time!! Maybe even some of the mob are checking out the 'Pumphouse'... in coming days I'll add a run down on my input, media and group activities plus a flickr collection of the pictures I have [about 2% of those taken on the weekend!!
In the lead up to Camp I felt done with the 'HOPE' theme I'd worked on as the needed and appropriate theme for the Hunter 2005 and a sensible development for Far North Queensland in 2007. I also pitched "Everything Must Change" or "Everything Changes" as a build on my central themes but allowing me to take a different direction [and use some of the excellent thoughts in Brian McLaren's book. I must write to Brian and thank him for writing out what I've been shaping for four years now and putting it all between 2 covers!!
The central ideas revolve around:
1. ASKING 'what is your picture of Jesus?' as a logical check in and starting point [and the most important question Jesus asked] we explore THE CROSS as a symbol of HOPE as Jesus showing solidarity with us in life in all it's aspects.
2. Trying to get a handle on EASTER SATURDAY without a Sunday and recognising that Jesus is with us in the tough times, pain and struggles in life.
3. ASKING 'what did Jesus talk most about?' we explored THE WORLD LIVED ACCORDING TO THE VALUES OF GOD and our call to join God's mission in the world and grow our faith, communities and personal gifts in giving ourselves in servanthood as Jesus' mandated by his own example
4. We turned our attention to HOME and gave people a chance to share their experience, learning and hope and TO WRITE A LETTER TO GOD to try to offer something concrete to remember in response!!

More in coming days....

My reflections tonight come after a night of long sleep [and snoring] and a day in the city of Perth.... my thanks go to Rick, Helen, Bindi, Em and Gilly for their welcome and hospitality!!
My thanks also to the leaders and campers who were warm, affirming, open and had a great time over the weekend! I enjoyed them sharing their stories and taking time to let me know how they were going with our theme... and they excelled themselves with a 'Meaningful Soles' exercise and worship space in telling their stories through the display of a significant pair of shoes. See their pictures and some explanation of what we did soon at www.meaningfulsoles.blogspot.com!!

OK...
More soon...

No comments: