Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Converting FLV Files


I am having a great time since surfing for, downloading and paying for a reasonably flexible tool that captures video from sources such as YouTube and then can convert those into swf or windows media files of various quality levels!!

Its found at http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/
You open the program and press record, then start your flv video and its captured. You then transfer it to program 2 which can convert to various formats....
I then change all the coded file names so I know what I'm saving by name and da dah!! Video coming out my ears!!

e.g. I searched for various live concert songs, ARIA performances, movie scenes and trailers, some Easter themed material etc. I have even downloaded a few peoples tribute clips where they have sumarised a movie to a fav. music track.

I grabbed the 'deepest fear' response from Coach Carter, the eulogy in 'Four Weddings and Funeral' etc...

Its just great...

I also managed to capture Missy Higgins new single from MySpace via this program...
There are no more copyright issues than already exist with YouTube and my subversion allows a number of people to see and be inspired by the stories of others. many will go to see whole films based on seeing a snippet!!

No comments: