Friday, December 01, 2017

Advent B&W Photo Reflections 1st December 2017


   I decided as a reflective practice this Advent (waiting & preparing) to post a b&w photo each day. I'd be happy just to have time to either take the picture or to stop and look. I get to make the rules so I don't have to take the picture on the day or at all, but I will try to do that for most of them. I'm also doing this to journal so it may have people and explanations. I lost the credit to this one but I will find it and add it later.
   This is Aussie band Midnight Oil of course, apart from drummer Rob Hirst. In this image a "Great Circle World Tour" comes home!!! After getting back together and absolutely nailing it for energy, timely messages and as you can see they just loved doing it. To me it reflects finding your groove or your vocation and putting everything into what's required but also being able to step away from the stage and enjoy life.
   For a band where both Martin and Jim have their statue-esque nights I think the energy or the crowd and the songs carried them along many a night from video and images I've been following. Over many years I've had these moments in work and sport, but there have also been frustrations, periods of disappointment and times of question. At the moment I love what I'm doing, with very few exceptions. There's opportunity to build community, to focus and to be around for things to grow. There are experiences bringing 30 years to bear and other times of learning for and from firsts. The energy carries me along and the challenges are just that... not the relentless disappointments of other times and places.
 

No comments: