Thursday, December 19, 2013

Advent Photo #18 Joy

'Joy'
   Another word/emotion in the 'Eternity' installation in the National Museum in Canberra is 'Joy'. You will find an array of stories reflected there expressing and exploring 'joy.' They currently include: Peter Cundall on Gardening; Nova Peris on the joys of being a Hockeyroo; and 'The Wiggles' spreading joy with their music and skivvies.
   I have tried to reflect today about my own experience of joy and whether in recent weeks and months I have given attention to this or not...
   My time has been pressured, I have had reason to be less than joyful and there are some things to work on before I could describe it as my general mood... there's no doubt swimming laps regularly gives me joy, not seeing films at the cinema leaves me frustrated and in some other areas things could be different... but this is a chance to focus and seek 'joy'!!

No comments: