Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Movies I've Seen in 2018


I thought last year was pretty lean for original, creative and engaging movies! It feels to me like 2018 was worse with the bright spots being quite memorable. The other thing that marked this year was the number of 'days off' where I was too tired to commit to a film (unless it was unmissable). A bit like it being too much time to commit to not getting rest... Anyhow, via cinema, iTunes, Netflix or friends here's my list. I don't pursue the serious or arthouse films, catching them when I can...

2018
Mollys Game, interesting
The Post, a terrific story
The Commuter, generic but engaging
Black Panther, outstanding
Game Night, mindless clever fun
Pacific Rim Uprising, I thought it couldn't be worse than the original, I was wrong
Tomb Raider, it was OK just
Paul, Apostle of Christ, not engaging enough, I fell asleep
Red Sparrow, bizarre, script must have read OK, poor execution
Borg v McEnroe, good film
Ready Player One, loved it
Blockers, time filler
I Feel Pretty, about ten minutes worth seeing, they let the premise down
Avengers Infinity War, great moments
Solo: A Star Wars Story, I really enjoyed it, I go with low expectations
1984 Midnight Oil, just an amazing documentary of the era I got into the Oils
Adrift, gripping but got bored
TAG, great entertainment, based on true legend
Oceans 8, pretty good
Jurrasic World Fallen Kingdom, I liked it better than I thought I would
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, loved it
Ant Man and the Wasp, surprisingly good, see I'm not a fan of the cast
Skyscraper, time filler
Equalizer 2, love these films and I don't usually like Denzel
Mission: Impossible Fallout, mindless gripping fun
First Man, probably my fav. 2018 film
Beirut, gritty painful and informative
Fantastic Beasts The Crimes of Grindelwald, almost as good as it could have been
The Predator, seemed a good idea
A Simple Favour, a surprise packet, lost their way, found it again
Ladies in Black, loved it

Still on my list or computer
The House with a Clock in Its Walls
A Star is Born
Bohemian Rhapsody
Boy Erased
The Girl in the Spiders Web
Creed 2
Mary Poppins Returns
Aquaman
Mortal Engines*
Bumblebee*
very poor reviews so marginal
postscript, caught up on these so far

No comments: